About Me

Chicago, IL, United States
A little over two years ago I turned in the golf shoes for a pair of running shoes, and it's been an exciting journey ever since! Within the last two years, I've run several races between Richmond, VA and Chicago, IL and now I've taken on the ambitious endeavour of running my very first Chicago Marathon on Sunday, October 9, 2011! This blog will allow everyone to follow my progress as I train for this event, post comments, encouragements and thoughts.

Sunday, October 2, 2011

And We're One Week Away!

In officially one week I'll be finished with my very first Chicago Marathon.  The excitement has been building up over the last few weeks, but reality finally set in while I was on an absolutely beautiful 9-mile fall run this morning.  With each stride forward, I'm getting closer and closer!  After my run I cooked a feast for the Bears game, but filled with Buffalo food.  There was plenty of chicken wing dip, chicken finger subs, bacon wrapped dates (thanks, Chris!) and chili to pass around.  Thank goodness I had that run in the morning...  However, while running, I saw a woman rollerblading.  Do you think they'll let me Rollerblade the marathon versus run it? ;)

Yesterday, I went shopping with Chris to pick out my marathon outfit.  I was more than a little bummed to realized the shirt I wanted to wear was a long sleeved shirt and not short.  I'm not sure how much I really want to run 26.2 miles in sleeves.  So, it's off to Sports Authority, Niketown and/or Fleet Feet to figure out what to wear next Sunday.  I'll be sure to find something and let you all know so you can look out for me.  Think bright colors!!

Also, a big THANK YOU!! to Bill Bressie for his generous donation to Catholic Charities.  Thank you everyone for all of your support.  We're almost there! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment