About Me

Chicago, IL, United States
A little over two years ago I turned in the golf shoes for a pair of running shoes, and it's been an exciting journey ever since! Within the last two years, I've run several races between Richmond, VA and Chicago, IL and now I've taken on the ambitious endeavour of running my very first Chicago Marathon on Sunday, October 9, 2011! This blog will allow everyone to follow my progress as I train for this event, post comments, encouragements and thoughts.

Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Excuse me, but are you running for Australia?

After a serious search after work today between Sports Authority and Niketown, I was finally able to settle on an outfit for the marathon.  I'll be wearing a bright yellow (yes, bright yellow) shirt, with green shorts and a green hat.  So, I pretty much look like I'm running on behalf of the country of Australia.



No, that's not me running, but get the idea?!

I'll be sure to post pictures tomorrow, along with details for the marathon such as how to track my progress and places to hang out, cheer and be merry :)

I'd like to say a big THANK YOU! to Chris Hoel, Brittany Turski, Elise Melancon and Cheryl Swinford for your generous donations to Catholic Charities.  Thanks to you, we're going to surpass our goal!

No comments:

Post a Comment