About Me

Chicago, IL, United States
A little over two years ago I turned in the golf shoes for a pair of running shoes, and it's been an exciting journey ever since! Within the last two years, I've run several races between Richmond, VA and Chicago, IL and now I've taken on the ambitious endeavour of running my very first Chicago Marathon on Sunday, October 9, 2011! This blog will allow everyone to follow my progress as I train for this event, post comments, encouragements and thoughts.

Saturday, September 10, 2011

One Month Away!

Well, after taking a bit of a hiatus on long runs to take a much needed and extremely fun trip out to Colorado to go hiking and camping, and then I had the pleasure last month of pulling my hamstring (which has made training interesting for sure).

The marathon is officially only ONE MONTH away, yay!  So, now it's time to finish the tail end of my training program and prepare for the big day.  Now that I've been looking back on my training over the spring and summer, I can't believe how much fun it's been.  Don't get me wrong, I had my bad runs (and boy were some of them), but overall it's been a great experience and I'm going to miss it to a degree.  Never in my entire life would I expect to feel good after running 18 miles and it's been great running into people along the lake path during the summer.

With the big day less than 30 days away, I have to send a big THANK YOU to pretty much everyone.  I can't believe how supportive my family and friends have been over the last six months.  I truly don't think I could have gotten this far without all of your support and well wishes.  You're all the best!

Also, today's September 10th.  Let's wish Kath (my mom) a big HAPPY BIRTHDAY!  Hope it's a fabulous day!

Here are some photos from Colorado :)  Hiking counts a running, right?!?!



No comments:

Post a Comment