About Me

Chicago, IL, United States
A little over two years ago I turned in the golf shoes for a pair of running shoes, and it's been an exciting journey ever since! Within the last two years, I've run several races between Richmond, VA and Chicago, IL and now I've taken on the ambitious endeavour of running my very first Chicago Marathon on Sunday, October 9, 2011! This blog will allow everyone to follow my progress as I train for this event, post comments, encouragements and thoughts.

Thursday, September 15, 2011

Dearest iPod

Dearest iPod,

It's been a long summer of continuous play and I know that we've had a lot of close calls, you falling under the wheels of the 151 bus comes to mind, but I ask one thing of you...hang on for 25 more days.  Please.  You've been temperamental all summer with turning on and off at your own will and playing only 15 seconds of a song before skipping to the next one, but I need you to hang in there for the big day.  Once October 9th rolls around, I promise I'll keep you in a safe and quiet place.

Keep on playing,

Katelyn

This Saturday will be the big 20 miler along the lakefront.  Hopefully I'll see a few friendly faces out along the way :)

Also, I owe a huge THANK YOU to the following supporters - Mom & Dennis, Brittany & Dave, Nicole Evankovich & Bill Wood.  Thank you for taking the time to support the Catholic Charities and more importantly, thank you for your continuous words of encouragement! 

Help me reach my goal by donating here - http://www.active.com/donate/catholiccharitieschi/runkatelynrun

No comments:

Post a Comment